Monday, June 18, 2012

Sophie's world


Kinda hard to imagine that this was the kind of thing I used to do when I was free. Read deeply and spend time writing notes, highlighting sentences for my understanding and internalisation.

These days I barely read a book. Not so much because of the lack of time, but even when I have nothing to do, I just prefer doing nothing.

Reality itself has the tendency of sucking the life out of you. My job is not to figure out how it does it. I'll leave it to you people who have time at their disposal (who does, really?)

But since I've wasted enough time writing that pointless bit up there, I might as well contribute to society a little.

“A philosopher knows that in reality he knows very little. That is why he constantly strives to achieve true insight. Socrates was one of these rare people. He knew that he knew nothing about life and about the world. And now comes the important part: it troubled him that he knew so little.”  Sophie's World.

switching from conspiracy theories to philosophy not only shows the socially unexplainable human behaviour(...) but also the vast range of things to learn. If we are courageous enough to admit we are better than others due to our intelligence, than indeed we are not courageous but just plain stupid.


No comments: