Sunday, July 1, 2012

The chase




"We would like to take credit for a lot of what we do and who we are but so much of it involves other things that have nothing to do with us. It's pure circumstance" Hamza Yusuf

Going back to 2 nights ago when I came home a lil later than usual because I got caught up with work. I started to wonder, why am I doing this? am I learning all these new things because I am chasing after something or am I chasing to learn?
If it's the former, have I considered the materiality of what I'm chasing and if it's the latter, have I defined the end game?

When it comes to defining success, perhaps I am way more conservative than I'd like to acknowledge.
I truly believe that success, whatever it may be, comes from blessings and that quote up there illustrates reality because all my life I am convinced that I have been blessed with things I don't deserve. Until when am I going to depend on all that spillover blessings? There is a dire need to purify my intention and my purpose in everything (especially work right now as it occupies so much of my time)


P/s- Don't forget to stay unassuming

No comments: