Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I met Dr Zeti.

The problem is, I like to bend the rules a bit too much and I don't mean it in a "I'm a badass" way.  It's more like, I don't understand rules and why they are applied sometimes.

So one fine day, I drove to Sasana Kijang. To put it simply, Sasana Kijang is the knowledge centre of Bank Negara. It's a separate building about 400 metres away from the headquarters on Jalan Dato' Onn in KL and it's truly a state of the art structure. Perhaps not from the outside, but the interior and the concept as a whole is just magnificent but I shan't digress. There is also a museum open to the public in this building, and soon the kids section complete with a tunnel filled with a million bucks will be ready. Exciting yes? YES.

I am digressing again, my goodness. Being quite a fan of the museum cafe where they have decent food and coffee at subsidised prices, I decided to head over for a sandwich-to-go. If I am not mistaken, we are however not allowed to park around the compound in front of the building where the museum cafe is also located at, as there are ample indoor and lower ground parking spots provided. It was not so much that I didn't want to pay the 3 dollar per entry parking fee but it was just a little bit more troublesome to park at the designated spot with all the walking and "elevator wait". Didn't make sense to go through all that trouble just to get a sandwich ergo I drove around the compound for one whole round just to see if there was anyone who was bending the rules as I plan to do. NADA. Fortunately for me (or so I thought), I saw a silver car, stopping directly in front of the cafe and I quickly thought that perhaps it is okay to park there after all. Naturally, I followed suit only to witness a woman coming out of the car gracefully before I could really drive towards that ideal spot.

To my surprise, it was...the Governor herself. Yes, Dr. Zeti. I freaked out for a moment before I started reversing the car as quickly as possible hoping she doesn't see one of her employees trying to bend a simple rule (ahh she doesn't even have the time to care I presume). Memang lah she can park there, she can park anywhere durrrrr! Stop with the perangai squatter Ainul.

No comments: