Sunday, May 13, 2012

IS GOOGLE PSYCHIC?

Google is a genius.

you know how google is so damn advanced now, they've got that auto complete suggestions. Well I typed in "story of .."and out of the million suggestions it could have given me, it suggested the exact story I was looking for. wait how?

I googled how google auto complete suggestions work(a bit redundant I know), and instead of regurgitating the long albeit interesting explanation here, I'd like to share the link (in case you are interested in random information like me):

http://searchengineland.com/how-google-instant-autocomplete-suggestions-work-62592

I would like to think of myself as someone who is absolutely disorganised despite the extensive effort to change, ergo I get constantly amazed at the existence of such a system that is so specific, precise and well structured. Amazing what humans can do huh.. 

Having said that, even though it's cool, I still can't comprehend how it figured out what I was searching for. I don't think what I wanted to know was a popular search, or fresh, or regionally related, or even relevant to my search history. So let's just agree that google might be psychic. 

No comments: